[QE-users] TB09, TPSS

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Fri May 8 10:31:00 CEST 2020

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 10:33 PM Michal Krompiec <michal.krompiec at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  it was suggested to start from a density calculated with a different
> functional, but when I try to read in PBE density, it complains that it
> cannot read the kinetic energy file (which obviously cannot be there).

this can be easily changed, I think: just disable the check and set the
kinetic energy density to zero

> Should TPSS or SCAN pseudos work better (and where do I get them from)?

I don't think the problem is in the pseudos but in the nasty numerical
behavior of meta-GGAs. See for instance here:
https://gitlab.com/QEF/q-e/-/issues/32. Note that several bugs have been
fixed in the development version.

Paolo

Thanks,
> Michal Krompiec
> Merck KGaA

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222