[QE-users] Fwd: problem in band gap

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Wed May 6 14:38:29 CEST 2020

Dear Neelam Swarnkar
What do you mean when you say "correct band gap"? A literature
experimental value? A literature calculated value? In the former case,
the compatibility depends on the exchange-correlation functional you
use. There is plenty of literature on this, you just have to type "DFT
underestimation band gap" in google to have an idea. In the latter
case, if you are trying to reproduce the results of previous
theoretical calculations, then you must use the same theoretical setup
in a proper way, and it is impossible to help you if you don't post
relevant information (QE version, input, ...)
HTH
Giuseppe

Quoting Neelam Swarnkar <neelamswarnkar35 at gmail.com>:

> [...]

GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316