[QE-users] Issue with highest frequency optical band phonons at gamma point in GaN

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Tue Mar 24 23:36:17 CET 2020

Dear Bradly,

without seeing the image (wasn't there in the google folder) the obvious
guess is that phonons in polar materials require a special treatment -
maybe have a look at
https://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.43.7231 or
https://journals.aps.org/rmp/abstract/10.1103/RevModPhys.73.515

A summary by Paolo Giannozzi on using PHonon is here:
http://www.fisica.uniud.it/~giannozz/QE-Tutorial/

			nicola