[QE-users] Advices on ralaxing perovskite supercells

Luiz Gustavo Davanse da Silveira lgsilveira at fisica.ufpr.br
Tue Mar 17 15:33:25 CET 2020

Hello, Laura,

I've got the calculation to converge by reducing mixing_beta to 0.3 and
increasing conv_thr to 1E-4 for the first calculation and then decreasing
it in subsequent calculations using the previously converged ionic
positions. Now I'm having troubles trying to do the relaxation with
conv_thr = 1E-6, etot_conv_thr = 1E-5 and forc_conv_thr = 1E-4, total
force is raising with each bfgs step. Maybe I will have to keep the
default values for etot_conv_thr and forc_conv_thr.

Also a good starting point is important. Try your best to include from the
start the correct octahedral rotations and any other ionic displacement
your material may present.

Best regards,
Luiz