[QE-users] Energy of isolated atom of CaO

Pooja Vyas poojavyas595 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 11:55:37 CEST 2020

I tried the way you suggested, tried replacing "relax" by "scf", however ,
I still face the same issue: No convergence even after 100 iterations.
Following is the input file:

PS: I want to calculate isolated energy of CaO using example05/PW (i.e
Martyna-Tuckerman) method.
#!/bin/sh

for a in 30
do

cat > ${a}.in << EOF
&CONTROL
  calculation  = 'relax'
  prefix       = "${a}",
  pseudo_dir   = "/home/userpooja/pv/cohesive/pseudo/",
  outdir       = "/home/userpooja/pv/cohesive/",
/
&SYSTEM
  ibrav     = 1,
  celldm(1) = $a,
  nat       = 2,
  ntyp      = 2,
  ecutwfc   = 100.D0,
  nbnd      = 8
  assume_isolated = 'martyna-tuckerman'
/
&ELECTRONS
  conv_thr    = 1.D-8,
  mixing_beta = 0.7D0,
  startingwfc = 'random'
/
&IONS
/
ATOMIC_SPECIES
Ca  40.078  Ca.pbe-nsp-van.UPF
O  15.999  O.pbe-van_ak.UPF
ATOMIC_POSITIONS
Ca 0.0 0.0 0.0
O  0.5 0.5 0.5
K_POINTS Gamma

EOF

mpirun -np 40 -machinefile x1 /apps/codes/qe/6.4/bin/pw.x < ${a}.in >
${a}.out
done

Any kind of help is appreciated.
Thanks and Regards.