[QE-users] help with turbo-davidson not converging

balducci at units.it balducci at units.it
Fri Jun 26 18:24:55 CEST 2020

> Ok, maybe that's correct, I am not an expert in that. But I would try witho=
> ut the VdW correction and see if it is possible to converge the calculation=
> .

I have tried that, but no joy

> Concerning pseudopotentials, I suggest to use those recommended in the SSSP=
>  library:
>
> https://www.materialscloud.org/discover/sssp/table/efficiency
>

> You use 25/250 Ry for the cutoff, which is probably too low. If you use SSS=
> P then use the cutoffs recommended there.

thanks: I'll give those pseudopotentials a try and see if it improves things

> Also, I would try to perform a calculation with the Martyna-Tuckerman corre=
> ction (if I am not wrong you can use this correction if the supercell is tw=
> ice as large as the molecule).

I actually used that

I thank you very much again for your time

ciao
-gabriele

--
Gabriele Balducci - Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche e Farmaceutiche - Via
L. Giorgieri 1 I-34127 TRIESTE tel: I-040-5583957 fax: I-040-5583903 e-mail: