[QE-users] help with turbo-davidson not converging

Timrov Iurii iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Fri Jun 26 17:00:14 CEST 2020

Dear Gabriele,

> Things that I have tried (with no joy, and, I must admit, without knowing very well what I was doing):

That's the main problem! You should start exactly from this point. You need to understand every step you do, otherwise what is the point?

I would recommend to go through the tutorial about TDDFPT:

http://indico.ictp.it/event/7921/session/325/contribution/1280/material/0/0.pdf

What is your input for PW calculation? In the links that you provided there is no one pointing to the PW input. But from the PW output it seems that you are using the VdW correction - do you really need it? For an isolated molecule there is no need in the VdW correction. So maybe it would be useful also to go through tutorials on basic PW calculations:

http://indico.ictp.it/event/7921/other-view?view=ictptimetable

http://qe2019.ijs.si/program.html

Greetings,

Iurii