[QE-users] Choosing proper ecut value

pboulet pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr
Sun Jul 26 15:20:29 CEST 2020

Hello,

As a starting value you can use the largest one among those reported in the pseudopotentials that you are using.

Then you will have to test the convergence of your calculations (by varying this value, probably upward), based on the total energy or the properties you are interested in.

Note also that you will have to test the convergence with respect to the grid of k-points.

Best,

Pascal Boulet
—
Professor in computational materials - DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
University of Aix-Marseille - Avenue Escadrille Normandie Niemen - F-13013 Marseille - FRANCE
Tél: +33(0)4 13 55 18 10 - Fax : +33(0)4 13 55 18 50
Email : pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr <mailto:pascal.boulet at univ-amu.fr>