[QE-users] lda_plus_u_kind=2

Timrov Iurii iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Mon Jul 20 10:59:32 CEST 2020

Dear Andrew,

> From looking into the code a bit it appears to me that it generates a 3x3x3 supercell with (I am guessing) ±R in each direction of the lattice vectors.

Right

> I see that for the orginal unit cell the indices go 1-nat

Right

> ...but I am unsure on how the indices in the adjacent unit cells are chosen.

See the routine q-e/PW/src/intersite_V.f90, lines 88-113.

When sc_size=1 you have a supercell 3x3x3, when sc_size=2 you have 5x5x5, etc. In most cases 3x3x3 is enough.

> I would like to specify a hubbard V between atom1 at the edge of the unit cell R=[0,0,0] and a nearest neighbor, atom2, in an adjacent unit cell R=[0,0,1].

It can be quite painful to do all this "by hand". I suggest to use the HP code, and you will get all possible pairs of neighbors automatically, and then you choose what you want. We will try to prepare some tutorial about DFT+U+V in the near future.

Greetings,

Iurii

--
Dr. Iurii Timrov