[QE-users] info QE-GPU on Marconi100 infrastructures

Giovanni Cantele giovanni.cantele at spin.cnr.it
Thu Jul 9 13:15:38 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I’m writing to ask whether anybody is (successfully) trying to run qe-gpu on the new CINECA infrastructure MARCONI100.

While at the beginning thinks seemed to work fine, in the last days there are lots of instabilities that I think are partly
related to the system instability.

However, I’m also facing other maybe code-related issues. For example, in some runs I’m not managing to carry out
a restart from a (cleanly exited) previous run.
In particular, in one of the last runs I found this error, obtained when a freshly started run was trying to write the needed
files to outdir:
ERROR(FoX)
xml_AddCharacters: Invalid character in chars
FORTRAN STOP

Did anybody experience such kind of errors? I would like just to be sure that there are not known issues on the 6.5 version of qe-gpu,
since I suspect that most of the problem I’m facing are related to the computer rather than the code.

Thank you in advance,

    Giovanni

--

Giovanni Cantele, PhD

CNR-SPIN
c/o Dipartimento di Fisica
Universita' di Napoli "Federico II"
Complesso Universitario M. S. Angelo - Ed. 6
Via Cintia, I-80126, Napoli, Italy

e-mail: giovanni.cantele at spin.cnr.it
            gcantele at gmail.com
Phone: +39 081 676910