[QE-users] memory problem

Michal Krompiec michal.krompiec at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 11:52:56 CEST 2020

Dear Neelam,
I am by no means an expert, but from my limited experience I can say that
4GB of RAM is not a lot, to put it mildly - but at the same time, your
system isn't large. In this case, I wouldn't use any parallelization on
k-points (pw.x -npool 1) and make use of symmetry as much as possible
(correct ibrav instead of ibrav=0). You can save memory by reducing ecutwfc
(at the expense of accuracy) - so try choosing pseudopotentials which give
you desired accuracy at the lowest ecutwfc (use
https://www.materialscloud.org/discover/sssp to guide you).
Best,
Michal