[QE-users] Doubling the k points - Reg

rekha sharma rekha1997jpr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 13:18:12 CEST 2020

Hii,
I am not expert on QE but I can guide you here.

How you can say that 4 4 4 0 0 0 is fit for your scf? In the same way you
can decide for nscf.

I usually do a convergence test for k-mesh with 2X+2, 2X+4,2X+6 and so on,
where X is my starting mesh size, and see whether my required properties
are meeting the convergence criteria, i.e. 10^-3, 10^4,.... ect, Ry.
If your system is complex (many atoms in the primitive cell) then you can
check for energy per atom (above energy/number of atoms in primitive cell).

How to get the value of difference in energy:
(grep ! Nscf_2X+2.out) - (grep ! nscf_2X+4.out) and so on.

I could be wrong and expert can correct me too.

Best wishes
Rekha