[QE-users] Installation finishes with only warnings (about memmove), but all of the test fails.

Shunsuke Fujisawa fujisawa-shunsuke at g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue Jan 28 09:03:35 CET 2020

Dear users,

I’m new user and I had some trouble in installation.

I’ve tried to install QE on lab’s MacBook Pro 2017 (Mojave)
with gfortran, gcc, open-mpi, fftw3, all of which are installed through Homebrew.
After cloning the repository from Github,
I configured with typing “./configure” (with no options) in the top directory as written in the instruction in users guide.
It seems to all of dependencies (open-mpi, fftw3, …) were detected as I expected.

Running the “make pw” command wasn’t provide error or even warnings except for two,
one of which I think is harmless,

f951: Warning: Nonexistent include directory '/Users/SFujisawa/Documents/q-e//FoX/finclude' [-Wmissing-include-dirs]

and another one which I’m wondering whether it’s harmless or not.

pwi2xsf.f90:141:0:

  141 |          line = line(16:len)

Warning: '__builtin_memmove' reading 120 bytes from a region of size 105 [-Wstringop-overflow=]
pwi2xsf.f90:169:0:

  169 |          line = line(17:len)

Warning: '__builtin_memmove' reading 120 bytes from a region of size 104 [-Wstringop-overflow=]
pwi2xsf.f90:230:0:

  230 |                      line = line(17:len)

Warning: '__builtin_memmove' reading 120 bytes from a region of size 104 [-Wstringop-overflow=]

After compiling, I move to test-suite directory and run “make run-tests-pw-serial”.
And I found all of the tests are failed with the message like below;

pw_vdw - xdm.in <http://xdm.in/>: **FAILED**.
Different sets of data extracted from benchmark and test.
    Data only in benchmark: f1, p1, e1, n1, ef1.

Does anyone tell what should I do next?

--
Shunsuke Fujisawa | Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo
Email: fujisawa-shunsuke at g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp <mailto:fujisawa-shunsuke at g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>