[QE-users] Expectation values of total angular momentum in SOC case

Thomas Brumme thomas.brumme at uni-leipzig.de
Thu Jan 23 17:36:18 CET 2020

Dear Paolo,

I will test this on one system with US and PAW and then I will see if
this might be a problem...
The 1/2 I got for the other system in which I used US - so the US and
PAW cases I have are from different systems...

Thanks

Thomas

On 1/23/20 5:10 PM, Paolo Giannozzi wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 5:00 PM Thomas Brumme
> <thomas.brumme at uni-leipzig.de <mailto:thomas.brumme at uni-leipzig.de>>
> wrote:
>
>     Or is there something missing in the PAW case which is not
>     important for US-PP?
>

> if you regularly get 1/2 for norm-conserving / ultrasoft and  less
> than that with PAW, it is very likely that there is something missing
> in the PAW case
>
> Paolo
> Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222

Dr. rer. nat. Thomas Brumme
Wilhelm-Ostwald-Institute for Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
Leipzig University
Phillipp-Rosenthal-Strasse 31
04103 Leipzig

Tel:  +49 (0)341 97 36456