[QE-users] Enquiries About Quantum Espresso (Installation & Operation)

elmoselhy at netscape.net elmoselhy at netscape.net
Tue Jan 14 09:38:01 CET 2020

Dear All,

This is a post-doctoral researcher in energy engineering andquantum mechanics. I am interested in Quantum Espresso for running quantummechanics calculations. I have installed CYGWin in order to install QuantumEspresso and have installed WinMostar in order to run Quantum Espresso.

The software program CYGWin is available forfree. The software program Quantum Espresso is seemingly available for free.However, the software WinMostar is not available for free and it costs USD 1200to get the full functionality for academic research purposes ( https://winmostar.com/en/purchase_en.html ).

I have installed the "Free Edition" ofthe software WinMostar ( https://winmostar.com/en/download_en.html ). Unfortunately almost all the basicfunctionalities for running electronic band structure calculations and phononsdispersion are currently disabled.

Thus, it would be much appreciated if you haveadvised on:

(i) Can I install and run Quantum Espresso forfree without need for installing the full version of WinMostar?

(ii) Is there a contact person available inAustria / Germany for the technical support on Quantum Espresso?

I wish you all a prosperous yearahead. I thankfully look forward to your consideration and to hearing fromyou in this regard.

Kind regards,

Dr. Salah Elmoselhy     Google Scholar Web-page: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=vPNI2PEAAAAJ