[QE-users] plots of electrostatic potential does not looks good

dv009200 at fh-muenster.de dv009200 at fh-muenster.de
Tue Jan 7 09:27:43 CET 2020

Dear Rekha,

since I'm too late to check your input files I can only assume what the
problem is.
But what you're describing sounds like you have a system with a
non-vanishing dipole density. You can use the dipole correction of Quantum
ESPRESSO to get rid of the gradient of the electrostatic potential in the
vacuum region and faltten it. The relevant parameters are dipfield,
tefield, emaxpos, eopreg and eamp (have a look at the input description).

There is also a very nice explanation and step by step guidance for the
dipole correction from Christoph Wolf available
(https://christoph-wolf.at/2018/05/02/dipole-correction-in-quantum-espresso/).

Hope this was helpful

Best regards

Dominik Voigt