[QE-users] use of blas&lapack from amd-optimized libflame 2.1 causes test failures in epw tests

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 22:57:11 CET 2020

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 10:23 PM Evgeny Permyakov <permeakra at gmail.com>
wrote:

sidenote: I had to set  **orte_execute_quiet = true** in
> ~/.openmpi/mca-params.conf so mpi didn't mess with extra messages

thank you for  this useful piece of information: I got rid of those
annoying messages

I don't use epw in my work and pwscf tests work just fine, but the fact
> that some tests failed bother me. Should I investigate it further and how?
> I'm not versed in QE code, I'm a humble user.

investigating further would be a good thing, but it is not easy: one has to
figure out which piece of code fails, then why. Even if one succeeds, very
often the problem is in the library itself and  there is nothing that can
be done.

Frequent offenders are complex-valued routines (e.g. zdotc) that seem to
follow two different incompatible conventions, but the symptom is a hard
crash, not a wrong number.

Paolo
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222