[QE-users] PGI compiler for GPU based compiler.

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Wed Dec 23 13:47:38 CET 2020

Dear Anupriya Nyayban (please, let us also know your scientific
affiliation when posting to this forum)

Why do you want to install the GPU version of QE on a machine which
seems to have no GPU? You should stick to the "regular" QE version,
instead. Here you can use gnu compilers.

https://github.com/QEF/q-e/releases

HTH
Giuseppe

Quoting Anupriya Nyayban <mamaniphy at gmail.com>:

> Dear experts,
>
> We are trying to install the QE GPU one in a system having 'dual socket
> intel skylate processor' and '96 GB ECC DDR4 2133 MHz RAM balanced
> configuration'. We have found that it requires PGI compiler and with we do
> not have that in our HPC. Is PGI compiler a open source one? Is there any
> other open source compiler which can do the same job?
>

> Thanking you in advance
>
> With regards
> Anupriya Nyayban

GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316