[QE-users] Segmentation fault when using ph.x, MacOSX

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 12:06:08 CET 2020

If it crashes when function "zdotc" is called, it is the usual problem with
complex functions, explained in the user guide. The only real solution is
to replace all calls to zdotc with an equivalent call to fortran intrinsic
dot_product.

Paolo

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 1:40 AM Сергей Клявинек <klyavinekss at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone!
> I ran into a problem - I can't use ph.x  package. When I try to run the
> script, I get a segmentation fault, regardless of the folder I am trying to
> save the output to. I ran the calculations using this manual:
> http://www.fisica.uniud.it/%7Egiannozz/QE-Tutorial/handson_phon.html
> <http://www.fisica.uniud.it/~giannozz/QE-Tutorial/handson_phon.html>
> in-file -  si.phG.in
> I read that this happens on MacOS, but I couldn't find a solution.
> Maybe someone knows how to determine exactly where the error is and how to
> fix it?
> Best regards,
> Sergei Kliavinek
> CSE EPFL
> JIHT RAS
> DMCP MIPT

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222