[QE-users] D3Q code stopped due to davcio error

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 23:23:58 CET 2020

      task #        71
>      from davcio : error #      5011
>      error while writing from file
> ".//D3_Q1.0_0_0_Q2.0_0_-1o2_Q3.0_0_1o2/scf.d1.dq1pq1.72"

I guess it may have run out of space, d3q uses a ton of disk space and
there is not easy way to avoid this. If you are running on any of the
French computing centers I can try to have a look directly.

I do not think the change in number of CPUs could cause this problem,
but if you provide the full output I can check. Also, 44 atoms is a lot
for the d3q code, it seems like you're running the second q-point
triplet, which is of kind (0,q,-q), it takes much more time and disk
space than the triplet (0,0,0). Maybe for such a large system you can
get some decent force-constants already from (0,0,0) alone

cheers