[QE-users] error during the new version (6.6) of Quantum ESSPRESSO instalation

Mohad Abbasnejad mohaddeseh.abbasnejad at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 12:04:18 CEST 2020

Dear QE users,

I am trying to install a new version of Quantum ESPRESSO (6.6). However, I
receive the following error message.  Any help would be appreciated.

(base) [Mohaddeseh at localhost q-e-qe-6.6]$ ./configure
checking build system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
checking ARCH... x86_64
checking setting AR... ... ar
checking setting ARFLAGS... ... ruv
checking for gfortran... gfortran
checking whether the Fortran compiler works... yes
checking for Fortran compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... yes
checking whether gfortran accepts -g... yes
checking for mpiifort... mpiifort
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... no
checking whether mpiifort accepts -g... no
checking version of mpiifort... unknown, assuming gfortran
checking for Fortran flag to compile .f90 files... unknown
configure: error: Fortran could not compile .f90 files

The version of mpiifort is as following:

(base) [Mohaddeseh at localhost q-e-qe-6.6]$ which mpiifort
/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2020.1.217/linux/mpi/intel64/bin/mpiifort

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mohaddeseh

Mohaddeseh Abbasnejad,
Assistant Professor of Physics,
Faculty of Physics,
Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman,
Kerman, Iran
P.O. Box 76169-133
Tel: +98 34 31322199
Fax: +98 34 33257434
Cellphone: +98 917 731 7514
E-Mail:     mohaddeseh.abbasnejad at gmail.com
Website:  academicstaff.uk.ac.ir/moabbasnejad