[QE-users] [QE-user] Problems when running pp.x

Thanh-Nam Huynh namhuynh090595 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 16:53:10 CEST 2020

 Dear colleagues,

I ran into a problem when trying to run pp.x for my surface slab. The
program stopped after a few seconds and error lines appeared, indicating
two errors, namely: free() invalid memory, and munmap_chunk() invalid
pointer.

I did some research and realized that it was the problem with the C (or
C++) compiler related to malloc() function and it was suggested to check
the code I was running. Also, I saw elsewhere that Dr. Paolo Giannozzi once
stated that it's not the problem with QE. Therefore, I have no idea how to
overcome this problem.

Has anyone experienced similar cases? Can you give me some advice? All
suggestions are highly appreciated.

(By the way, I am running QE on a 64-core AMD Ryzen 3999X workstation, if
it helps)

Best regards,
--
*Huynh Thanh-Nam*
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Chungnam National