[QE-users] How to recover structural parameters from QE 'vc-ralax' calculation

Soumyadeep soumyadeep at rrcat.gov.in
Wed Aug 19 05:36:30 CEST 2020

Dear Lorenzo,
   Thanks for the answer.

On 18-08-2020 20:49, Lorenzo Paulatto wrote:
>> Is it possible to recover structural parameter  > like
>
>  a, b, c, angles
>
> You can easily recover a, b, c and angles with pen, paper and
> eventually a pocket calculator. Please check this reference manual:
> https://onlinemschool.com/math/library/vector/angl/

If the cell is non primitive then it is not possible with pen, paper and
eventually a pocket calculator.

>> wykoff positions just like Rietveld fitting) after geometry
>> optimization in Quantum espresso?
>
> wyckoff positions remain the same before and after relax. If the
> position includes one or more free parameters, they will probably
> change, but they are very straightforward to recover from the atomic
> positions.

Wwykoff positions will change during vc-relax with cell_dofree='all',
atleast in my cases. I don't think that recovering wykoff positions are
very straightforward from the atomic positions. It will not look like
Rietveld fitted table specially where the cell is non-primitive. Then,
how to make a .cif file with these converged lattice parameters?

with many thanks and best regards
Soumyadeep

Email: soumyadeepghosh35 at gmail.com, soumyadeep at rrcat.gov.in