[QE-users] How to recover structural parameters from QE 'vc-ralax' calculation

Timrov Iurii iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Tue Aug 18 17:12:28 CEST 2020

Dear Soumyadeep,

> Is it possible to recover structural parameters (like a, b, c, angles
> and wykoff positions just like Rietveld fitting) after geometry
> optimization in Quantum espresso?
    vc-relax output only gives CELL_PARAMETERS and all ATOMIC_POSITIONS.

It is possible to convert CELL_PARAMETERS to lattice parameters and angles using the cell2ibrav.x code (it is in PW/tools).

Concerning the conversion of ATOMIC_POSITIONS (e.g. in units of alat) to Wykoff positions, I am not aware whether there is any code to do it automatically (probably not).

Cheers,

Iurii

--
Dr. Iurii TIMROV