[QE-users] Subject: RE: Slab doesn't converge

Omer Mutasim omermutasim at ymail.com
Sun Aug 16 22:35:51 CEST 2020

Dear Moraga Your feedback is very helpful 👌. I have another questions :Is it fine to use the default value (1xe-03) for force-conv-thr ? If i use this default value , what is the suitable value conv-thr ? I’m familiar with this asymmetric slab, so How to use the dipole background You stated?In order to study various monolayer coverages , i have yo place multiple S atoms on the surface, ao is there any criteria for placing these atoms on asymmetric slab ? How far they should be from each other to avoid lateral interactions between Adsorbed atoms ?
Sulfur (S⁻²) adsorption, should i set the net charge of the system to -1 ? If i set it to 0 (default) , does that mean Sulfur will be bonded to two Ni atoms ?
The Ni2P is paramagnetic, so I didn’t consider spin polarized calculation, is this correct ?

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone