[QE-users] High Entropy structures

dv009200 at fh-muenster.de dv009200 at fh-muenster.de
Sat Aug 8 10:17:53 CEST 2020

I think you can start with PbTe (or PbSe, SnSe, SnTe) if the space group
is the same. Then you can use the VCA (virtual crystal approximation, I
think the binary is called virtual.x or something like this) to genereta
"mixed" pseudopotentials of Pb-Sn and Se-Te with the ratio you want to
investigate. From here on its the same procedure like for any other
material where you want to calculate the band gap and band structure.

Best regards

Dominik