[QE-users] value of S^2 in LSDA

Christoph Wolf wolf.christoph at qns.science
Wed Aug 5 08:07:56 CEST 2020

Dear Professor Giannozzi,

Thank you very much for your help, indeed the spinsq routine does what I
need (and testing it within CP gives me good values for <S^2>). If it is
not too much to ask, what would be your best quick guess as to where the
routine could be interfaced with PWSCF without too much tinkering? I am
unfortunately not very familiar with the code structure of QE.

I see from spinsq that it requires the psi, <psi|beta> and rhor. I can't
quite figure out the second variable; in cpr.f90 spinsq is called as

IF ( tstdout) CALL spinsq ( c0_bgrp, bec_bgrp, rhor )

I believe the first variable is usually called evc in pwscf but I am not
sure if bec_bgrp here is the one from becmod in /Modules?

Any help is much appreciated!

With best wishes,
Chris