[QE-users] High symmetry path and k points

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Wed Apr 22 13:16:17 CEST 2020

On 22/04/2020 13:10, Lorenzo Paulatto wrote:
>> 1). In any high symmetry, path let say Silicon Γ—X—U|K—Γ—L—W—X, what
>> is the meaning of U|K,
>
> Hello, there is no standard for giving list of k-path points, you should
> ask to who gave you the string to be sure. My guess is that you have two
> paths: Γ—X—U and K—Γ—L—W—X

Hi all,

for ref - an effort to standardize k-point paths according to
crystallographic conventions has been made by Yoyo Hinuma and Giovanni
Pizzi and Isao Tanaka - you can find the paper at the link below, and
also a tool for Quantum ESPRESSO that gives you automatically the
standard k-point path. This is for 3D systems.

				nicola

https://www.materialscloud.org/work/tools/seekpath