[QE-users] Seeking help for SCF calculations on possible semiconductor (Based on several error reports)

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 11:53:24 CEST 2020

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 11:18 AM <zhangkan3 at mail.sysu.edu.cn> wrote:

celldm(4)       =  120.000

celldm(5)       =  90.000

celldm(6)       =  90.000

these must be the cosines, not the angles. Luckily they are ignored for
ibrav=4of angles, not the

>     diagonalization =  'cg'

don't use this option unless you have a good reason to

*I have difficulties on how to specify the magnetization related variables.
> Why these variables must be specified? *

because if you don't constrain the magnetization and don't break the
symmetry, you don't get any magnetization;
if you don't constrain the magnetization but break the symmetry and leave
the system find its preferred magnetization, you need to allow for
fractional occupancies; if you constrain the magnetization, you also
constrain occupancies

The after error report is: Error in routine card_kpoints (1):error while
> reading automatic k points.

you made something else from what you describe: there is nothing wrong in
card k_points.

Paolo

I am afraid that this will be a dead cycle. So I am here to seeking some
> suggestions, sincerely.
>
> Kan Zhang
>
> from Sun Yat-sen University,China

> 本邮件及其附件含有发送给特定个人和用于特定目的的信息。如果您不是预期的收件人,请立即删除本邮件并通知发件人。严禁任何非预期的收件人使用、传播、分发或复制本邮件或其附件。
> This email and its attachments may contain confidential information
> intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you should delete this email and notify the sender immediately.
> Any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email or its
> attachments by persons other than the intended recipient(s), is strictly
> prohibited.

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222