[QE-users] Born charges of PbS

Vahid Askarpour vh261281 at dal.ca
Mon Apr 13 17:53:40 CEST 2020

Dear Stefano,

Thank you for this quick response. I was following Xavier Gonze’s argument in PRB58, 6224 (1998) Eq. 20 where

Z*(u)=dp/du, where p is the dipole moment and u is the displacement. Since p=u.Z(u), we get

Z*(u)=Z(u)+udZ(u)/du, where Z(u) is the static charge.

So here the Born charge is given in terms of change in charge.

I will try the projected DOS to see if the charge transfer is actually that large.

Best,
Vahid