[QE-users] PBCs on cpmd

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Sat Apr 4 23:18:40 CEST 2020

Dear Pranab
PBC *are* imposed to the system, but this does not imply that
*refolding of the trajectory* into the supercell is imposed too. There
used to be a little tool, namely cppp.x, that, among other useful
things, enforced such refolding, but I'm not sure that it works
properly in the latest version of QE (am I wrong...?). Anyway, with a
bit of coding you should be able to refold whatever you want.
HTH
Giuseppe

Quoting Pranab Sarker <srpranab at gmail.com>:

> Dear all,
>
> I am new to QE. I am trying to simulate a bulk liquid using cp.x. Although
> PBCs are default in QE, I see some atoms in the *.pos file are diffusing
> away from the original simulation box.  Are PBCs not imposed on particle
> coordinates in all three directions in the cpmd calculation?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> Pranab
>

> Sincerely,
>

> Pranab Sarker, Ph.D.
>
> Postdoctoral Research Associate
>
> Department of Chemistry
> Winston-Salem State University
>
> Winston-Salem, NC 27110
>
> Email: srpranab at gmail.com
>
> Phone: 336-750-2165
> Cell: 682-225-1849

GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316