[QE-users] Error during compilation in the step of make all command

Will DeBenedetti wjd74 at cornell.edu
Sun Sep 22 14:11:38 CEST 2019

Hi Sheng-Chinh,

I also recall having this error at some point. Usually 99.99% of these
errors have to do with PATH variables being incorrectly set. For a number
of reasons, I do not use the Python that ships with Macs, I instead use
virtual environments using Anaconda (not an endorsement, just a much
painless way of using software that Apple will soon deprecate). I was able
to get the test suite running by creating a virtual environment using
Python 2.7.something and activating this environment using  condo activate
name_of_environment

As per the documentation you will to run make run-tests-foo,  then the
tests will run serially or in parallel. Keep in mind only PW, CP, PH, and
EPW binaries are supported. Make sure you have statically lined these four
binaries as per my previous message and verify using otool -L otherwise the
tests will crash. I have a 4-core processor and the tests took quite some
time running in parallel on the Intel compiler suite. Running on gFortran
will be slower.

Will DeBenedetti