[QE-users] Error during compilation in the step of make all command

林聖智 r03223130 at ntu.edu.tw
Thu Sep 19 02:12:22 CEST 2019

Dear all users,

When I carried out calculation of si.vc_relax using q-e-6.3, I ended up receiving the crash message. Then, I realized the cause of it was the absence of ‘ibrav’ for the cell_dofree description in &cell section in q-e-6.3. So, I was trying to update the version to q-e-6.41. However, after searching for information on the archive (https://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.quantum-espresso.org/msg35212.html <https://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.quantum-espresso.org/msg35212.html>), there was no joy. I still couldn’t update the version. The following message just kept popping out.

‘''
f951: Warning: Nonexistent include directory '../ELPA/src' [-Wmissing-include-dirs]
fox_init_module.f90:5:4:

 USE m_common_io, ONLY: setup_io, io_err, io_eor, io_eof
    1
Fatal Error: Cannot read module file 'm_common_io.mod' opened at (1), because it was created by a different version of GNU Fortran
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [fox_init_module.o] Error 1
make: *** [mods] Error 1
‘''

So, can you help me solve the problem, either installing the new version or finding out the substitute for ‘ibrav’ in the &cell section?

Thank you for considering my request.
Sheng-Chih Lin
r03223130 at ntu.edu.tw