[QE-users] bad convergence in field-effect configuration calculations

Dr. Thomas Brumme thomas.brumme at uni-leipzig.de
Mon Sep 16 21:53:17 CEST 2019

Dear Bin,

I have no clue if it could be done but it is definitely not
implemented. There are problems:
Firstly, changing the lattice also changes the doping charge per area
and thus the dipole. Yes, this is calculated self-consistently anyways
but in the total energy there're parts related to the dipole and the
gate interacting with themselves - how to take them properly into
account? One would need to go through the equations related to the
gate and to stress in order to understand what needs to be done. We
just assumed that the influence on the lattice due to the doping is
small - which is certainly not true for all materials. If you find a
way to implement this, please let me know ;)

Thomas