[QE-users] hp.x code overestimates Hubbard U value

Timrov Iurii iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Thu Sep 12 14:46:59 CEST 2019

Dear Soumyadeep,

Your input files look fine to me.

I would try to compute U in a self-consistent way. Just take the value you got from a one-shot calculation and plug it in the SCF input and then redo the HP calculation. Repeat this procedure until U does not change any longer. On top of that, you may perform a relaxation of the structure. By doing so, you will obtain U and the structure which are consistent with each other. More about this is discussed in the papers which I mentioned in my previous email.

Best,

Iurii

--
Dr. Iurii Timrov