[QE-users] hp.x code overestimates Hubbard U value

Soumyadeep soumyadeep at rrcat.gov.in
Thu Sep 12 12:56:03 CEST 2019

Dear Iurii,
   Thanks you very much for the detailed explanation.

   >> ..."U" lies between 3.0-3.5 eV...
   The determined value of U is calculated using cRPA method - Wannier
function basis - Norm conserving PP's
(https://journals.jps.jp/doi/abs/10.1143/JPSJ.79.044705).

   When I do it using LRT I get almost doubled? I have checked it w.r.t
different PP/Exchange-correlation functional here is the results,
   NCPP --> 6.43, USPP --> 6.85, PBESOL --> 6.81, PAW --> 6.83

   > different oxidation states
   I think oxidation state is same in both cases. Fe^2+ for Fe-besed
superconductors

   > What is important is to use U (for calculations of band structure,
DOS, phonons, etc.) with the same parameters which which it was
computed.
   Yes agreed. First of all I like to calculate it for reported values in
literature then apply it for my calculations.

   Input files are attached (NCPP) for your consideration, that may help
you to find out my mistakes. I am just a beginner of such calculation
and don't think without my mistake such large difference can occur
though U is not an universal parameter.

with many thanks and best regards
Soumyadeep