[QE-users] Runtime GPU memory issue of q-e-gpu- -6.4a1

Pietro BONFA' pietro.bonfa at unipr.it
Fri Sep 6 15:49:13 CEST 2019

Dear Xiaoqin Huang,

this is likely a "out of memory" issue. It would be of help if you could:

1) run your input with verbosity = 'high', or better

2) try a (much!) smaller input such that the memory footprint reduces
from the one reported in your output (28.50 GB) to less than 10 GB. Or
even better,

3) try you input with an MPI enable version of the code on at least 4
V100s (possibly more).

As of today, pw.x only estimates the amount of *host memory* presumably
used by the simulation, but this number is clearly connected also to the
GPU memory usage.

Best regards,
Pietro Bonfà