[QE-users] Size of the temporary files

Jatin Kashyap jk435 at njit.edu
Tue Nov 26 21:25:50 CET 2019

Dear Community Members,

I am running a job to calculate the band structure of an amorphous material consisting 120 atoms. I am facing storage space issues. My job is getting killed in my university cluster. And the highly probable reason of that is storage space as told by my admin. During job run, the code is generating temporary/permanent files which are in 10s of GBs. So my question is, is there anyway I can know how much space I need for a given job before it’s completion so that I can make up the space for that job accordingly or can adjust it some how.

Thank you very much for your contribution.

——
Jatin K