[QE-users] Fw: Problem with SOC

Guido Menichetti menichetti.guido at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 13:21:25 CET 2019

Dear Kostov

First of all, please add your signature (affiliation/university/position)

About the difference between SP and SOC calculation:
The magnetism in SOC calculation in non-collinear so if you give to the
code just the magnitude of the magnetic moments it could not be enough to
reach the right/desired magnetic configuration. If you look for a specific
magnetic configuration you could also try the "constrained magnetization".
Try to add a guess on the starting angles (of the magnetic moments)

About the  vc-relax: It could happen if the relaxed structure is far from
the starting one.
Are you in the same magnetic configuration?
Try the relaxation again.

HTH
Best
G.

Il giorno sab 2 nov 2019 alle ore 03:31 David Kostov <dkca at yahoo.com> ha
scritto:

> I am still waiting for a reply for this issue. Thank you in advance.

Guido Menichetti
Post-Doc researcher in Condensed matter physics
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Theory and technology of 2D materials
Address: Via Morego, 30, 16163 Genova
Email:  guido.menichetti at iit.it