[QE-users] parallelization of pw.x

Pietro Delugas pdelugas at sissa.it
Thu May 30 17:18:46 CEST 2019

Dear Michal

3.7x with respect to what ?

your cut and paste refers to the wall time and the total cpu time per
mpi task, they differ because you are using thread parallelism.

if you don't have memory issues I would try to increase the number of
mpi processes decreasing the number of thread and usually when the
number on MPI tasks is smaller than the dimesions of the fft grid it is
better to avoid using nt.

Hope it helps

regards

Pietro