[QE-users] Choosing convergence criteria for vc-relax

Nicola Marzari nicola.marzari at epfl.ch
Sun May 19 14:57:02 CEST 2019

Hi Robert,

this issue of optimal parameters is a bit of a neverending story, we are
preparing a short thing on this. But in a nutshell - yes, the electronic
convergence should be tighter, especially for a follow-up phonon
calculation. that number actually depends on the unit cell used, but for
5 atoms, I would indeed try d-12 and d-14. For ecutwfc and ecutrho,
well, my advise is to use the SSSP suggestions (google it); and say if
you have 30 120, 40 160, 25 300, well, take the max of the ecutwfc
suggested, for the gloval ecutwfc, and same for ecutrho.

			nic