[QE-users] XC functional

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Fri May 10 11:09:17 CEST 2019

Dear Willem
If you look into the comments at the beginning of the file
YourQE/Modules/funct.f90 you can see that each functional is defined
by six parts. The first four are exchange type, correlation type,
gradient correction to exchange type and gradient correction to
correlation type

!              "pbe"   = "sla+pw+pbx+pbc"    = PBE

while the last two parts (when present) are reserved to embedded van
der Waals corrections (embedded in the sense that they are not added a
posteriori as external corrections like DFT-D2 or D3). This
corresponds to six numbers that you can find in the output, to be sure
that what is computed is what you expect. The same file contains also
the meaning of all the single parts (and references to related
papers), because you can mix-and-match with functionals (if you know
what you are doing, of course ;-D)

HTH
Giuseppe

Quoting Offermans Willem <willem.offermans at vito.be>:

> Dear Quantum Espresso friends,
>
> I’m relatively new to QE. So sorry for a possible stupid question,
> but what does
>
> Exchange-correlation      = SLA PW PBX PBC ( 1  4  3  4 0 0)
>
> in the output mean?
>
> The PAW data set says:
>
> H.pbe-kjpaw_psl.1.0.0.UPF
>
> So, I assumed PBE to be exchange–correlation functional.
>

> Met vriendelijke groeten,
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
> With kind regards,
>

> Willem Offermans
> Researcher Electrocatalysis SCT
> VITO NV | Boeretang 200 | 2400 Mol
> Phone:+32(0)14335263 Mobile:+32(0)492182073
>
> Willem.Offermans at Vito.be<mailto:Willem.Offermans at Vito.be>
>
> [cid:982BA063-B96A-4A1B-89AB-5A01CA9FC70D at vito.local]
>
> Indien u VITO Mol bezoekt, hou aub er dan rekening mee dat de
> hoofdingang voortaan enkel bereikbaar is vanuit de richting
> Dessel-Retie, niet vanuit richting Mol, zie
> vito.be/route.<http://www.vito.be/route>
> If you plan to visit VITO at Mol, then please note that the main
> entrance can only be reached coming from Dessel-Retie and no longer
> coming from Mol, see
> vito.be/en/contact/locations.<http://www.vito.be/en/contact/locations>
> VITO Disclaimer: http://www.vito.be/e-maildisclaimer

GIUSEPPE MATTIOLI
Via Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
I-00015 - Monterotondo Scalo (RM)
Mob (*preferred*) +39 373 7305625
Tel + 39 06 90672342 - Fax +39 06 90672316