[QE-users] Error in average.x

Giovanni Cantele giovanni.cantele at spin.cnr.it
Tue Mar 12 12:53:02 CET 2019

quite strange, the file looks ok, are you sure that this is just the input you’re using? Maybe any special (hidden) character
is present in the file?

I tried to run average.x with your input and it works, in that it passes the line that gives you the error and of course complains
about the inexistent WS2.pot file (as it should do).

Giovanni

> On 12 Mar 2019, at 12:41, Ubaid Mohd <onlymubaid at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear All QE Users,
> I am using the average.x now and the read the input file as follow :
> 1
> WS2.pot
> 1.D0
> 1440
> 3
> 1.461144408
> but when run this it has the follow error:
>
>      Error in routine average (1):
>      nfile is wrong
>
> nfile should be right, I have read the source file, only when nfile <=0 or >7 will show this error, but in my input file it is set to be 1. Would you please give me some suggestion on what might be the issue? Thanks very much.
>
> Best wishes
> Mohammad Ubaid
> PhD Research Scholar
> Department of Physics
> Jamia Millia Islamia University
> New Delhi - 110025

Giovanni Cantele, PhD

CNR-SPIN
c/o Dipartimento di Fisica
Universita' di Napoli "Federico II"
Complesso Universitario M. S. Angelo - Ed. 6
Via Cintia, I-80126, Napoli, Italy

e-mail: giovanni.cantele at spin.cnr.it
            gcantele at gmail.com
Phone: +39 081 676910