[QE-users] default nbnd

Aleksandra Oranskaia aleksandra.oranskaia at kaust.edu.sa
Mon Mar 11 21:35:21 CET 2019

Hello dear users and developers of QE,

Could please someone advice which lines to change in the source code for nbnd to add by default not 20%, but 30% empty bands?

I need it for using QE for the evolutionary crystallography algorithm which depends on generating and optimizing large set of structures (of different composition), and particularly my systems are metallic or narrow band gap semiconductors that for good convergence need ~ 30% empty states.

Thanks in advance,

Best,
Alex.
___