[QE-users] Information about non-local part of pseudopotentials

pabel p.j.001 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 19 00:46:27 CEST 2019

Dear Paolo,

Thank you for the response. But I still have some questions about Vnl.

  *   The terms appearing in the PP_BETA field are the same that I need to use for the calculation of [Vnl,r]? This question is because I do not know if the self-consistent calculation modifies Vnl.

  *   Can you give me some guidance on how to understand the format in which the PP_BETA field is written? Because I do not understand how to read that, and the guide about .UPF format is not easy to understand to me.

  *   For ultra-soft pseudopotentials the calculation of Vnl from the data obtained in the .UPF file can be obtained directly? This question is because, as far as I could read in the literature, for ultra-soft pseudopotentials the method of calculation of the non-local part differs from that of, for example, norm-conserving pseudopotentials. And I do not know if in the PP_BETA field is stored the final result or there is another step(s) to do to obtain Vnl.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

M. Sc. Pábel Machado