[QE-users] Regarding pseudo-hydrogen pseudopotentoal

dv009200 at fh-muenster.de dv009200 at fh-muenster.de
Sat Jun 15 13:27:38 CEST 2019

Dear Mohaddeseh,

you can generate such pseudopotentials by yourself with the help of the
ld1.x code. Just specify the fractional charges of your fictional atoms
with zed, zval and config (see also the input description for the ld1.x
code). Below is a input file I used to generate a fictional H atom (norm
conserving and for the pbe functional) with a fractional charge of 0.5.

&input
title='H'
zed=0.5
rel=0
config='1s0.5'
iswitch=3
dft='PBE'
/
&inputp
zval=0.5
lpaw=.false.
pseudotype=1 file_pseudopw='/home/Dominik/Desktop/PP/H.pbe-nc_0.5.UPF'
lloc=0
tm=.true.
/
1 1S 1 0 0.50 0.00 0.80 1.00 0.0

But beware! I neverr really had the time to check the convergence and
transferability and therefor can't give you a statement how good this
pseudopotential is. Although the produced geometries and electronic
structures were reasonable for my systems. For the generation of USPP and
PAW pseudopotentials I ran into some errors which I weren't able to solve.
So if you are generating some I would kindly ask you to keep me updated
about that since I'm interested in how to do that as well?

Best regards

Dominik

Dominik Voigt M.Sc.
PhD Student