[QE-users] How to make supercell

Felix Mayr felix.mayr at tum.de
Tue Jun 4 12:06:21 CEST 2019

Hey Zeshi,

also if you're not a domain expert, you might read the documentation if
you want to run calculations
https://www.quantum-espresso.org/Doc/INPUT_PW.html (you'll eventually
have to anyways if you want to do some kind of analysis)

a) simply calculate your new cell vectors by hand and add the shifted
"new" atoms accordingly in your input file. BETTER: use some kind of
automation. maybe try ASE <https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/ase/> (though it's
not especially good for running QE on clusters in my opinion, but you
could just write the input file for a QE-calculator and then do whatever
you want).
b) specify them in the input file? I guess you should really read the
input documentation. Change the cutoff with ecutwfc, ecutrho.

Best Regards (you might also add a signature)

--
Felix Mayr, B.Sc.
research assistant

Technical University of Munich
Simulation of Nanosystems for Energy Conversion

Arcisstraße 21
80333 Munich, Germany

email: felix.mayr at tum.de
phone: +49-89-289-26933