[QE-users] norm-conserving pseudopotentials for TPSS?

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 09:55:12 CEST 2019

> I read in the FAQ that this could be caused by bad pseudopotentials. I
> used norm-conserving pseudos from PseudoDojo, obtained for PBE. Is it
> why my calculation failed? If so, how do I generate (or where do I find)
> pseudos for TPSS?

Dear Michal,
from my limited experience, meta-GGA functionals are quite unstable, try
to increase the Fourier transform grid a lot, i.e. you take the default
values from the output of pw.x:
    Dense  grid:    32557 G-vectors     FFT dimensions: (  75,  75,  75)
ad set n1,n2 and n3 to something quiet a bit larger, ideally with small
prime factors (2, 3 or 5), in this case it could be 128

hth

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Michal Krompiec
>
> Merck KGaA and Univ. of Southampton