[QE-users] Problem about requirement on computing powers

Pietro Davide Delugas pdelugas at sissa.it
Mon Jul 29 09:55:33 CEST 2019

Hi

- to facilitate the convergence with SrTiO3 one has usually to either
increase the number of bands used or use   randomly generated starting
wave functions. Try to use occupations = smearing it could help  the scf
cycle in the first iterations.
- you are using noncollinear + spinorbit coupling, to make these
calculation converge usually one needs to specify a starting
magnetization in your case, if SrTiO_3 is insulating, you should try to
initialize Ti with starting magnetization ( put it as first species and
then put starting_magnetization = 0.1)  even if the Ti d states should
be empty so no final magnetization should be there. Again spin orbit
should only affect very weakly Ti d states which are empty why you do
you need to use spin orbit to compute phono dispersion ?
- try to use occup

-   last but just because I spotted it only now the pseudopotential for
Ti isTl.rel-pbe-dn-rrkjus_psl.1.0.0.UPF check that you are not using a
pseudo fot Tallium instead o pseudo for Titanium

hope it helps
regards
Pietro