[QE-users] Error when relaxing ion with hybrid functionals using USPP in QE 6.4.1

Yen-Ting Chi yenting at mit.edu
Thu Jul 25 03:06:34 CEST 2019

Dear QE users,

I am trying to relax ion (calculation = 'relax’) with hybrid functionals (PBE0 or HSE06) using USPP. For QE 6.2 and 6.3, the job finished without outputting any errors (no dexx is negative error). However, I encountered the following error in QE 6.4.1:
Error in routine setup (1):
forces for hybrid functionals + US/PAW not implemented

I am wondering if I should stick to NCPP when relaxing with hybrid functionals? Also, were the results from QE 6.2 and 6.3 questionable?
The pseudo potential I am using are:
Sr.pbesol-spn-rrkjus_psl.1.0.0.UPF
ti_pbesol_v1.4.uspp.F.UPF
o_pbesol_v1.2.uspp.F.UPF